With the recent set back Victoria has had in relation to Covid-19, JL King & Co. is closely monitoring advice from Victorian and Australian Government Departments to provide up-to-date information concerning our operations and interactions with our valued customers.
We would like to assure our loyal customers that JL King & Co. has acknowledged the directions from the Victorian Government and in this current environment have taken appropriate actions to increase our safety protocols to protect our customers and our staff. We continue to monitor and make the necessary adjustments as the situation evolves.
COVID-19 Precautions in Place
J L King & Co. remains committed as purely a business to business delivery service. At no point do we plan to commence home deliveries, exposing our drivers to any further risk of contracting the virus or worse, being responsible for the further spread of the virus throughout our community.
Our Delivery Drivers:
- Sanitise before and after each delivery, carrying mobile hygiene packs with them
- Practice social distance measures and contactless delivery
- Adhere to outstanding hand hygiene standards, and follow our Food Safety protocols
- Implemented Trace Protocols for Customers/Suppliers who have confirmed Covid-19 case
- Delivery staff have received their seasonal influenza vaccination 2020
Our Buyers and Warehouse Staff in the Local Market
- Shift rotation and split working days
- Mandatory wearing of face masks
- Adherence to social distancing measures in place
- On arrival to work temperatures are checked
- Extreme hand hygiene
We have supply chain contingencies plans in place, to ensure our supply lines are open in times of shortages.Our policy and procedures have us sourcing from multiple suppliers so that when there is a shortage we can seek to procure from an alternate supplier. We have active communication across our supply chain and abide by Food Safety Standards, as do our suppliers and will keep you updated as news comes to hand.
In Our Warehouse
- Monitored staff entry - staff temperatures taken upon arrival recorded
- Implemented and increased social distancing measures through split lunch shifts, segregation of work teams and all office based staff working remotely where possible
- Formal discipline procedures for breaking social distancing protocols
- Mandatory wearing of safety masks and disposable gloves
- Ceased all visitors into our facilities
- Only necessary and essential staff in warehouse and processing
- Increased cleaning and sanitation schedule, hand sanitisers throughout facilities and vehicles
- Regular cleansing of shared work spaces with alcohol based products (keyboards, desks,door handles etc.)
- Keeping lines of communication open across multiple channels
- Implemented strict safety protocols for staff in case of contact with Covid-19 confirmed case
We are all working from home taking phone calls and processing orders.
Our contact hours remain the same 6:00am-3:00pm.
This is a new set up for all of us so please bear with us whilst we work out any kinks we may experience.
Thank you for your patience.
Here at J L King our staff take your safety and their safety very seriously. Together, with our safety protocols we will get through this. Thank you for your continued support throughout these uncertain times.
Available until Tuesday August 11th, 2020.
5kg Brushed Potatos
Online ordering now available. Whilst every care is taken in the preparation of this report, prices and supply can change due to market fluctuations and availability.